With the aim of protecting the environment, preserving fauna and flora, managing waste, promoting renewable energies, raising awareness of green economies, investing and supporting rural people in nature professions MARITA GROUP has set up its MARITA program GREEN JOBS.
An integrated economic strategy that aims to create green and decent jobs. And which aims to contribute to the Moroccan government’s strategy of supporting employment by proposing concrete actions dedicated, in particular, to rural and mountain areas.
Waste Energy Recovery (VED)
Plastic to Fuel:
The Moroccan plastic waste market has significant potential for the replication of the pilot project (at equal capacity), i.e. installation possibilities:
- More than 36 projects (3 per region) using non-recycled plastics from household waste, spread across several regions of the kingdom.
- Around ten projects in the agricultural sector (plastic greenhouses).
- Several projects using plastic waste from industry. With its presence in Africa and its strategic partnerships, Marita Group intends to replicate this model in Morocco, then in other African countries, building on its national successes.
MARITA GREEN PROJECTS: Forests of Morocco 2020-2030
- The conversion of the forest estate into a development territory.
- The adoption of a participatory approach involving all stakeholders.
- Strengthening the productive capacities of forests.
- Protection of forest biodiversity.
- Improving their sustainability.
Our key figures in
We work in partnership with more than 200 forestry organizations and train 500 territorial leaders for the preservation of 120,000 hectares of eucalyptus and pine. In addition, we are committed to developing 10 national parks for nature protection.
Integrated economic program for
This strategy will:
- Propose an integrated economic program for job creation for the benefit of populations surrounding forests:
- Extraction of pine resin: Pine resin is increasingly used by the chemical industry, which produces numerous derivatives.
- The collection of medicinal and aromatic plants: 4,200 spontaneous and cultivated species for a need in traditional medicine, aromatics, cosmetics, food preservation, as well as the export of raw plants and essential oils.
- Plastic to Fuel: An operational and demonstrated European technology which will allow the treatment of 40,000 tonnes of recovered non-recyclable plastic waste.
- Exploitation and valorization of barite ore
- Other projects